Hyrup

Hyrup

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Daddy's Hands

I do have to admit that Ian is the greatest daddy ever. I am truley blessed because I watch alot of people who's husbands have little or nothing to do with their kids, which is very sad I think.

and he does diapers!!



DADDY'S HANDS


I remember daddy's hands folded silently in prayer
And reachin' out to hold me, when I had a nightmare
You could read quite a story in the callous' and lines
Years of work and worry had left their mark behind I remember daddy's hands how they held my mama tight
And patted my back for something done right
There are things that I'd forgotten that I loved about the man
But I'll always remember the love in daddy's hands Daddy's hands were soft and kind when I was cryin'
Daddy's hands were hard as steel when I'd done wrong
Daddy's hands weren't always gentle but I've come to understand
There was always love in daddy's hands. I remember daddy's hands workin' 'til they bled
Sacrifised unselfishly just to keep us all fed
If I could do things over, I'd live my life again
And never take for granted the love in daddy's hands

4 comments:

  1. Gone to get a kleenex. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He really is a great Dad! But you are a great pair because you are a wonderful Mom as well! Love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete