Hyrup

Hyrup

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Simplify!!

So the quest continues for us to find "the" church..after 10 years at Fellowship..it seems (to me) that they have "lost it" for me in the past few years. SO I am on a quest to find a good church!! Every Sunday we are going to a new church to "try" them out!!

Today we went to Faith Heights church...now as we walked in I was not impressed because we were obviously lost and new, but no one offered help..hhhmmm But the praise and worship was very good!! and the Message was just what I needed!! The pastor I thought was good--kinda reminded me of those tv pastors though--kept shouting can I get an AMEN--lol

But today I got ALOT from his sermon!!

1st--JOY...DO NOT loose your JOY, no matter what!! WHY?? because GOD loves you and you shouldn't care about anything else--you must Believe in God and Believe God has a plan for you!! You should be joyful at all times (YES I do struggle with this ALL the time) I get pissy throw a fit when things don't go my way--well guess what..that must mean it is not supposed to go my way--Good Point huh

2nd-Forget the past--Because it is in the past!! Great Point!! I try to really do this!! I have forgiven those I have needed to...It is also said that those who don't forgive us--forgive them and move on--if they don't forgive you that is THEIR problem now--not yours--Great Words (wish I had that part before Christmas!!)

3rd-SIMPLIFY you life!! get rid of all necessary events, clutter, kids activities and so on.  Serving and Worshiping God should be #1..if you are to busy or tired to do so--you need to get rid of some things! But never get rid of your GOD time.  GREAT words there too...this past year we haven't been to church much--why? because I would rather sleep in and be lazy--OK OK I am working on changing that too.  He went on to say that serving God should not cause you any stress--Stress comes from not doing Gods will or trying to cram his will into my busyness--Don't BUMP God out!!

So I am not sure if this is "the" church as we have others to visit--this message was awesome and just what I needed to start the new year!!!

2013--Simplify

3 comments:

  1. That about says it all. Thanks, Toni.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try the one that Trent and Angela go to. It's over by Canyon View, can't remember the name but it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete