SO my hopes is that this year is a better one, I think we can use it!!!
Here are some of my "goals"
Money
-stop the bleeding
-get a part time job (done) and since Ian cant help watch his own kids (because his job is more important, he has to go in 2 hours early) now I have to find a sitter --gggrrr
-budget budget
-couponing better--I was doing really good at this but have slacked off some
-prepare for the years events--sports, birthdays, vacations and christmas
-put a little bit each payday into a savings account
-stop impulse shopping--I am really really bad at this, if I want it I just buy it--so I read a blog to help and it says if you want something put it on a 30 day list, so you can think about it and save for it if you want it at the end of the 30 days--I thought this was a great idea!!
-plan meals and shop for the month
Diet and Exercise
-eat better--more veggies and fruits--less sugar and carbs
-walk some everyday
-Be ready for the 5K in February
-plan meals for the month--so this will stop impulse going to Mcdonalds
-out to eat--once or twice a month only!!
-less sugar for the kids--got to get them eating healthy too!!
GOD
-this year the churchs' saying is "get closer to god" and I agree, I have the bible app on my phone, kindle, computer and I even have the old fashioned paper back bible version (haha) so I have NO excuse not to read some each day
-pray pray pray, now I already do this everyday but more wont hurt I guess
-and I hope he gives us all the answers to what we need for this year
Odd goals:
-learn something new everyday
-read read read (I got a kindle for Christmas and have read more in the past week then I did last year)
-when the weather gets nice--we get outside!! I want a camper to camp with the kids, lots more hiking too
-Less computer time (I have seriously become an addict hahaha)
-do a friend reevaluation and keep and appreciate those who are good for me to be around, and those who actually come around (seems alot of them have went their own ways--which is ok but time to stop worrying and relying on them for "friend" time (which I need) or lower my expectations of some)
-make time for me (we all know I need and enjoy this)
-more date nights with Ian (ugh even though I will have to converse with him--hahaha Just kidding)
-make Sundays family day...and have family dinners every Sunday (includes all family in town( and anyone else who wants to come over!!!)..I have a friend who started this and she is glad she did because one of her son has moved out BUT he is there every Sunday for dinner--so I think it is important to start this tradition with our kids too!!
ok so that is all I can think of right now..I am sure there is tons more but those will come as we go along this year!!
I hope everyone else has a great year too!! Here is 2012 being so much better than 2011!!!!
xoxoxoxo Luv you all!!!
I like the sunday family dinner! You have great goals, now I feel like I need to make a list!
ReplyDelete